Software Engineer (Cybersecurity). In this role, you will be a key developer of Linux middleware and Android applications for a network security assurance device based on our handheld network testing tools. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing, and delivering software on limited embedded hardware resources with high performance and quality. Working with product managers, software/hardware engineers, and test engineers you are part of a team that will deliver feature-rich products on time meeting our new product generation goals
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Familiarity with secure coding principles.
- Experience delivering, implementing, or creating complex technical security solutions.
- Ability to be productive in an agile SCRUM development environment.
- Follow agile software practices enabling quick prototyping and multiple releases to meet market windows.
- Results-oriented, with a mindset of a sense of urgency and ability to drive daily progress, even on complex design issues.
- Invest in development support activities including code reviews, collaborative design sessions, project/sprint planning, and feature demos.
- Strong desire to write testable software, and a mindset of unit testing the code that is produced.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient in C++ and JAVA programming language.
- Solid general network knowledge, including TCP/IP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, HTTPs stacks and or other open-source network toolkits
- Familiar with NIST Security Standards
- Familiar with penetration testing, vulnerability scans and other open-source toolkits.
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu, Kali or other Linux releases) and Android
- Solid understanding of computer science principles.
- Familiar with 802.11 and other wireless standards
- Familiar with SELinux and Android Security technologies
- Familiar with Cybersecurity requirements, metrics, reporting procedures and control frameworks (ISO, CMMC, SANS, SOC2, RCSA, etc.)
- Experience and responsibility for one or more of the following
- Security administration
- DevOps security
- Forensics and incident response
- Network defense
- Technical security assessment
- Obtained one or more of the following security certifications
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related experience. Minimum 3 years practical or technical experience in Linux software development.