In this role you will work with NetAlly’s QA team to ensure quality and customer satisfaction of industry leading handheld and cloud network test solutions. Your role is to create an automation environment/framework and write scripts for repeated tests on new and existent software. Using automation tools, you will design, test, and deploy effective test automation solutions for our handheld android-based test instruments. Your goal is to automate as much of the testing effort as possible with a minimum set of code.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop and document a test automation framework for testing the handheld testers and operation with our cloud-based Link-Live application.
- Develop and support new automated testing infrastructure and processes.
- Work closely with software developers and test engineers to understand software workflows, use cases and specifications in creating automated tests across our platform of products (handhelds and cloud-based applications).
- Designing and developing test automation scripts.
- Collaborating with QA engineers and software developers to develop test solutions.
- Working hand in hand with R&D developers, attending product development scrums, defect tracking meetings, and release meetings on a per project basis.
- Keeping updated with the latest industry developments.
- Provide peer feedback, testing, and support in a fast-paced, agile team environment.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Previous experience as a test automation engineer.
- Experience and strong operational knowledge of Android.
- Experience with Espressor or UI Automator Android test automation tools.
- Formal product verification and testing experience, including creating and implementing test plans, writing test specifications, automating tests, and conducting performance tests.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming languages such as Java and C++.
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Highly accurate and detail oriented.
- Strong process orientation, rigorous approach to establishing repeatable and controlled methods and procedures.
- Experience establishing, executing, and documenting real-world troubleshooting and testing scenarios.
- Outstanding teamwork and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- BS in technical discipline (CS, Engineering, Math, Physics) or equivalent practical experience.
Additional Preferred Skills
- Proficiency with network communications and network analysis.
- Cloud application development experience.
- Experience working within commercial R&D environment.
Education and/or Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 4 years’ practical or technical experience in Android Application QA testing.
Salary Range $90k – $140k (Annually)