This position is in Everett, WA location, applicant must reside in the greater Everett area, no relocation is available. Position is primarily an on-site, possible hybrid model in accordance with company policy.
This position is a key role within the Manufacturing and Supply Chain team responsible for sustaining supply chain management. Key objectives will be managing supply and demand order flow, achieving cost and inventory targets for sustaining production. Work with suppliers to ensure continuity of production material and minimize overall supply chain risk to the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilization of preferred and qualified suppliers.
- Experienced with contract manufacturing, factory-in-factor model.
- Leads and is accountable for new supplier evaluation, capability, and capacity requirements.
- Sourcing may include leading supplier qualification, developing and aligning supplier material stocking agreements, and executing material changes associated with initiatives and cost savings projects.
- The person in this role will have the responsibility to drive continuous improvement to optimize KPI’s. Management of key suppliers to ensure continuity of supply chain during development and production.
- Partners with Planning to maximize quality, delivery, cost, inventory and confirms capacity availability to support the 18-month forecast. Drives to RCCM when supplier’s objectives are missed with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Supply Chain management of ECO’s to minimize scrap cost.
- Ownership of supplier risk assessment and risk mitigation planning.
- Lead inventory and cost improvement, working cross functionally with suppliers, buyers, product management, sales, finance, and production sites.
- Ability to effectively work with R&D engineering teams, understanding of electronic components, PCBA manufacturing, contract manufacturing and OEM relationships.
- Indirect purchasing requirement and support.
- Minimal travel requirements, travel to suppliers as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in related fields
- Requires two or more years of Supply Chain (planning & procurement) experience.
- Combination of education and experience (6 years) may be acceptable.
- Electronic manufacturing experience required
LANGUAGE AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS
- Understanding of mechanical/electronic drawings and specifications
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Collaboration across departments and suppliers, would include supply chain, manufacturing, engineering, marketing, finance, product management, sales, and suppliers.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Normal office environment. The noise level in the work environment varies between quiet and moderate.
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager