Now with LANBERT™ Media Qualification App and Bluetooth/BLE Site Surveys
Multi-technology, all-in-one handheld network analyzer that enables engineers and technicians to get more done faster, from deployment to maintenance and documentation of their ever-changing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, and Ethernet access networks.
Check out AirMapper™ for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE site surveys!
Install, test, verify, and troubleshoot technology upgrades, NBASE-T, 10G, Bluetooth/BLE, and Wi-Fi 5/6 networks with advanced Android™-based troubleshooting apps and purpose-built test hardware
Verify up to 10G Ethernet link performance for critical servers, uplinks and key end devices, and validate Wi-Fi network performance
Empower technicians who may not have access to network management systems or other engineer-level tools to assess and document complex network deployments with multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs
Seamlessly consolidate and manage field test data, and integrate with network management systems via complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service
Faster and easier Wi-Fi site and Bluetooth/BLE surveys with AirMapper™ Site Survey including active surveys to validate client experience and roaming. Create and share visual heatmaps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live Cloud Service. (AllyCare Premium Care Support required for certain mapping functions.)
Automatically discover and instantly map your wired and Wi-Fi networks in Link-Live; speeds troubleshooting and keeps network documentation up-to-date. Exports to Visio.
Deploying and maintaining Wi-Fi and wired network infrastructure without the right tools can be daunting… and costly. The EtherScope nXG enables engineers and technicians to get more done faster, from deployment to maintenance and documentation of their ever-changing Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, and Ethernet access networks.
With its simple operation, yet in-depth visibility, and the ability to remotely access and control EtherScope nXG, engineers can now fully enable and collaborate with “local hands” of field technicians at remote sites to expedite problem solving.
Bluetooth is the second most popular wireless technology in the world, used for many applications from indoor location services to IoT device connectivity. But to this point, there were no solutions in the market to perform location-based surveying and heatmapping of Bluetooth beacons. In response to this market need, NetAlly is introducing the first Bluetooth and BLE site survey solution on the market.
The new functionality will allow EtherScope nXG users to perform a passive Bluetooth or BLE site survey using the AirMapper app and internal radio, thus providing full visibility into Bluetooth network coverage and performance through Link-Live. It will also allow users to perform both Wi-Fi (active and passive) and Bluetooth surveys on the same walkthrough, making it quick and easy to validate Wi-Fi network performance while at the same time validating indoor location services or IoT deployments, as well as possible 2.4GHz Wi-Fi interference caused by BT co-existence in the same band.
The NetAlly AirMapper Site Survey app on EtherScope nXG collects data from the three main beacon types: Eddystone UID, Eddystone URL, and iBeacon. Measured RSSI data from all observed beacons is displayed in a visual heatmap in the company’s free Link-Live Cloud Service. An accompanying data table contains all location-specific details such as beacon type, RSSI, Tx power, class name, services, beacon ID numbers, and more. This data can be easily and quickly filtered, sorted, and included in reports similar to Wi-Fi surveys.
Note: Bluetooth/BLE functionality available on the EtherScope nXG only.
Instantly see what is on the network and where it is connected, by switch, slot and port number. Identify changes in connected devices and links, and quickly investigate and locate “suspect” devices and identify problems associated with device misconfigurations.
– Discover network devices across multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs through four Wi-Fi and Ethernet interfaces upon power up.
– Powerful filter and sort function with automatic problem detection identifies issues such as:
– Duplicate IPs.
– Congested switch ports.
– Oversubscribed Wi-Fi channels/SSIDs.
– Security issues, such as unknown switches, access points with open authentication and unencrypted APs.
– Path Analysis shows the switch/router path to any connected device.
– Batch authorization workflow makes it easy to identify known vs. unknown devices, enabling “who’s on my network” auditing.
– Automatically discover and instantly map your wired and Wi-Fi networks in Link-Live; speeds troubleshooting and keeps network documentation up-to-date. Exports to Visio.
With the AirMapper app, EtherScope nXG users can now quickly and easily gather location-based Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE measurements and create visual heatmaps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live Cloud Service. Simple to use, the AirMapper app is ideal for quick site surveys of new deployments, change validation, and performance verification.
– Complete faster and easier Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE site surveys with an entire mobile platform.
– Perform enterprise-grade surveys without the need of a dongle or tethered device with a hardware-based platform for accurate and complete data collection.
– Simultaneous passive and active surveys to gather critical site metrics and validate client experience and roaming on a single
– Collaborate – easily visualize and share survey data through Link-Live Cloud Service.
– Pass Wi-Fi survey data to AirMagnet Survey PRO for more advanced analysis, planning, and reporting.
An Android-based handheld network analyzer that verifies, discovers, and troubleshoots Wi-Fi, Bluetooth/BLE, and wired Ethernet network infrastructures
Native 4×4 Wi-Fi that supports:
– Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (wave 2) Wi-Fi network connectivity.
– Wi-Fi 6 network visibility.
– Analysis of SSIDs, BSSIDs, channel, client devices, and interference sources.
1×1 Android System Wi-Fi supports:
– Dual-band 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (wave 2) Wi-Fi network connectivity and remote management
– Bluetooth v5/BLE and USB interfaces to discover and configure nearby devices
Ethernet port supports:
– 10/100/1000Mbps to 2.5/5/10G.
– Verifies loaded power from 90W PoE switch.
Verify network capacity, performance and QoS, and easily capture packets for detailed application analysis.
– Performance Test app simultaneously generates and measures up to four streams of IP-based traffic through the Ethernet test port to load the network with up to full 10G line-rate traffic, testing for packet loss, delay, jitter, and end-to-end QoS.
– Load the network with up to full 10G line-rate traffic.
– Test for packet loss, delay, and jitter.
– Supports popular iPerf network throughout testing for Wi-Fi and Wired networks.
– Capture wired or wireless traffic to PCAP files for escalation evidence or analysis, with simple but powerful – filtering and slicing controls.
– LANBERT™ Media Qualification app generates and measures the transmission of line rate Ethernet frames over your network cabling infrastructure, qualifying its ability to support 1G/10G on fiber and 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G on copper links.
Test automation speeds and simplifies validation and troubleshooting – so more people can solve more problems, faster.
– Out-of-the-box AutoTest profiles for Wi-Fi and wired networks that can be customized for your network.
– Execute multiple AutoTest profiles that shorten test time to verify multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs.
– Define and assign groups of targets to AutoTest profiles to verify performance using ping, TCP Connect, Web, or FTP.
– Packet capture from Wi-Fi and Ethernet to PCAP file.
– AutoTest results can be automatically uploaded to the complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service for reporting and documentation.
With the cloud-based Link-Live service users can quickly and easily visualize location-based Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE measurements by creating powerful visualizations of the recorded data that allow centralized engineers to analyze test results from far-flung remote sites without travel.
Link-Live acts as a repository for latest firmware for NetAlly Testers that are under AllyCare to download/update.
– Configure and push profiles to testing devices to ensure all test settings are uniform during network testing.
– Claim units into different organizations to track device usage and manage role permissions.
– Remotely update software for all your units using Link-Live.
– Project management feature in AirMapper automatically pushes pre-configured floor plans to tester units.
AllyCare is a comprehensive support and maintenance service for NetAlly’s Network Tools that offer significant value over standard warranty. Membership of AllyCare can be purchased as either a 1-year membership or the value-added 3-year.
NOTE: Enhanced AirMapper site survey visualizations (Noise, SNR, Co-Channel Interference, Adjacent Channel Interference, AP Coverage, Max Tx/Rx Rates, Max Tx/Rx MCS, plus others) and filtering are only available to customers with AllyCare support on their EtherScope nXG. Click here for information about AllyCare Premium Support Services.
|EXG-200||EtherScope nXG Portable Network Expert
Includes: (1) EXG-200 mainframe with Li-ION battery, G3-PWRADAPTER, SFP+MR-10G850, Inline RJ-45 coupler, WireView wire mapper #1, Quick Start Guide, and small softcase.
|EXG-200-CE||EtherScope nXG Portable Network Expert – Controlled Edition
Includes: (1) EXG-200-CE mainframe with Li-ION battery, G3-PWRADAPTER, SFP+MR-10G850, Inline RJ-45 coupler, WireView wire mapper #1, Quick Start Guide, and small softcase.
|EXG-200-KIT||EtherScope nXG Portable Network Expert Professional Kit
Includes: (1) EXG-200 mainframe with Li-ION battery, G3-PWRADAPTER, G3-HOLSTER, SFP+MR-10G850, SFP+MR-10G1310, RJ-45 inline coupler, (1) Test Accessory, WireView wire mappers #1-#6, External Directional Antenna, IntelliTone™ 200 Probe, Quick Start Guide, and medium softcase.
|EXG-200-KIT-2PK||Advanced Performance Test Kit
Includes: (2) EXG-200-KIT
|EXG-LR10G-KIT||10G Performance Test Kit
Includes: (1) EXG-200-KIT and (1) LR10G-100
|EXG-200-1YS||1 Year AllyCare Support for EXG-200, EXG-200-CE, EXG-200-KIT, EXG-200-LRG2-KIT or EXG-200-LR10G-KIT (covers EXG-200 only)|
|EXG-200-3YS||3 Year AllyCare Support for EXG-200, EXG-200-CE, EXG-200-KIT, EXG-200-LRG2-KIT or EXG-200-LR10G-KIT (covers EXG-200 only)|
|EXG-200-LRG2-KIT||Includes: (1) EXG-200-KIT and (1) LinkRunner G2 (LR-G2)|
|G3-PWRADAPTER||AC Charger replacement/spare for EXG-200 mainframe with country power cords.|
|Holster for EXG-200 and EXG-200-CE mainframe|
|SFP+MR-10G850||SFP+ Optical Transceiver Module, SX/SR, 1G/10G, 850nm, Multimode|
|SFP+MR-10G1310||SFP+ Optical Transceiver Module, LX/LR, 1G/10G, 1310nm, Singlemode|
|Dimensions||4.05 in x 7.67 in x 2.16 in (10.3 cm x 19.5 cm x 5.5 cm)|
|Weight||1.68 lbs. (0.77 kg)|
|Battery||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (7.2 V, 6.4 A, 46 Wh)|
|Battery life||Typical operating life is 3-4 hours; Typical charge time is 3 hours|
|Display||5.0-inch color LCD with capacitive touchscreen (720 x 1280 pixels)|
|Host Interfaces||RJ-45 and SFP Analysis ports
RJ-45 Cable Test and Management Port
USB Type-A Port and USB Type-C On-the-Go Port
SMA Connector (for External Directional Antenna)
|SD Card Port||Supports Micro SD card storage – up to 64GB supported|
|Memory||Approximately 8 GB available for storing test results and user applications|
|Charging||USB Type-C 45-W adapter: 100-240 Vac, 50-60 Hz; DC Output Power 15 V (3 A)
RJ-45: 802.3at PoE (25W) or higher
|Media Access||Copper: 10M/100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G
Fiber SFP Adapters: 1G/10GBASE-X
|Supported IEEE Standards||Wired: 802.3/ab/ae/an/bz/i/u/z Wi-Fi: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
PoE: 802.3af/at/bt, Class 0-8 and UPOE
|Cable Test||Pair lengths, opens, shorts, split-pairs, crossed, straight through, and WireView ID|
|Supporting Operating Systems||Windows® 8.1, Windows® 10, Windows® 2008-R2, Windows® 2012, Windows® 2012-R2, Windows® 2016 and Windows® 2019|
|Processor||1 GHz or better CPU|
|RAM||1 GB or more|
|Hard Disk||1 GB available space|
|Network Interface||Ethernet and/or Wi-Fi|
EtherScope® nXG Portable Network Expert Data Sheet
EtherScope® nXG Portable Network Expert Flyer
EtherScope® nXG Controlled Edition
AirMapper™ Site Survey Flyer
NetAlly® Product Selection Guide
EtherScope® nXG & AirCheck® G2 Product Comparison
EtherScope® nXG & OneTouch™ Comparison Flyer
AllyCare Premium Support Services Flyer
EtherScope® nXG Quick Start Guide (English)
EtherScope® User Guide v1.5
EtherScope® CE User Guide v1.5
EtherScope® nXG Release Notes v1.5
Quick Guide to Topology Mapping
Compliance and Safety - English
Compliance and Safety - Multilingual
NetAlly Product Brochure
EtherScope® nxG Software Updates
NPT Reflector Software Download