Verify Complex Networks - Wired & Wireless
Test automation speeds and simplifies validation and troubleshooting – so more people can solve more problems, faster.
- Out-of-the-box AutoTest profiles for Wi-Fi and wired networks that can be customized for your network.
- Execute multiple AutoTest profiles that shorten test time to verify multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs.
- Define and assign groups of targets to AutoTest profiles to verify performance using ping, TCP Connect, Web, or FTP.
- Packet capture from Wi-Fi and Ethernet to PCAP file.
- AutoTest results can be automatically uploaded to the complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service for reporting and documentation.
Wi-Fi Analysis and Troubleshooting
Native Wi-Fi 6 and 6 GHz Support
With the introduction of Wi-Fi 6/6E the way WLAN validation and troubleshooting is done has changed. New technologies designed to improve traffic management efficiency and support for the 6GHz band were introduced, allowing for higher throughput and better performance in environments where a high user capacity is required – necessitating new technology to test and validate these networks.
The latest EtherScope nXG features a native Wi-Fi 6/6E radio supporting new technologies like OFDMA, OBSS, 1024-QAM, WPA3/OWE, and the 6GHz band.
- Validate actual Wi-Fi 6/6E network performance by using a native 802.11ax radio.
- Gain visibility into all Wi-Fi devices working on the 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and 6 GHz bands.
- Provides accurate 802.11 utilization measurement and enables packet captures of Wi-Fi 6 control, management, and data frames.
- Faster Wi-Fi device discovery through the use Reduced Neighbor Reports (RNR), Preferred Scanning Channels (PSC), and the ability to obtain information for multiple SSID’s from a single beacon frame.
- Enhanced security validation by allowing for the use of WPA3 and Enhanced Open.
Spectrum Analysis and Interference
Trying to pinpoint the source of Wi-Fi interference on a wireless network is hit or miss with the wrong tools. Using the optional NXT-1000 Portable Spectrum Analyzer adapter, EtherScope nXG offers a view of RF interference in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and visualizes its impact on the wireless network’s overall performance. Key graphs and charts include:
- Real-Time FFT - provides a real-time view into the RF environment
- Spectrum Density – displays real-time analysis on signals that are common during the current capture session
- Spectrogram - shows intermittent spikes of RF energy that may be causing wireless network problems
AirMapper™ Site Survey app - Now for Wi-Fi 6/6E
With the AirMapper app, EtherScope nXG users can now quickly and easily gather location-based Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE measurements and create visual heatmaps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live Cloud Service. Simple to use, the AirMapper app is ideal for quick site surveys of new deployments, change validation, and performance verification.
- Complete faster and easier Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE site surveys with an entire mobile platform.
- Perform enterprise-grade surveys without the need of a dongle or tethered device with a hardware-based platform for accurate and complete data collection.
- Simultaneous passive and active surveys to gather critical site metrics and validate client experience and roaming on a single walkthrough.
- Automatically identify common Wi-Fi network problems using InSites™ intelligence on Link-Live.
- Collaborate – easily visualize and share survey data through Link-Live Cloud Service.
- Pass Wi-Fi survey data to AirMagnet Survey PRO for more advanced analysis, planning, and reporting.
Bluetooth is the second most popular wireless technology in the world, used for many applications from indoor location services to IoT device connectivity. In a response to the growing market need to perform located-based surveying and heatmapping of Bluetooth beacons, NetAlly was the first to introduce a Bluetooth/BLE site survey solutions.
The functionality allows EtherScope nXG users to perform a passive Bluetooth or BLE site survey using the AirMapper app and internal radio, thus providing full visibility into Bluetooth network coverage and performance through Link-Live. It will also allow users to perform both Wi-Fi (active and passive) and Bluetooth surveys on the same walkthrough, making it quick and easy to validate Wi-Fi network performance while at the same time validating indoor location services or IoT deployments, as well as possible 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi interference caused by BT co-existence in the same band.
The NetAlly AirMapper Site Survey app on EtherScope nXG collects data from the three main beacon types: Eddystone UID, Eddystone URL, and iBeacon. Measured RSSI data from all observed beacons is displayed in a visual heatmap in the complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service. An accompanying data table contains all location-specific details such as beacon type, RSSI, Tx power, class name, services, beacon ID numbers, and more. This data can be easily and quickly filtered, sorted, and included in reports similar to Wi-Fi surveys.
Note: Bluetooth/BLE functionality available on the EtherScope nXG only.
Wired & Wi-Fi Network Discovery, Mapping, Analysis & Security Audits
Instantly see what is on the network and where it is connected, by switch, slot and port number. Identify changes in connected devices and links, and quickly investigate and locate “suspect” devices and identify problems associated with device misconfigurations.
- Discover network devices across multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs through four Wi-Fi and Ethernet interfaces upon power up.
- Powerful filter and sort function with automatic problem detection identifies issues such as:
– Duplicate IPs
– Congested switch ports
– Oversubscribed Wi-Fi channels/SSIDs
– Security issues, such as unknown switches, access points (AP) with open authentication and unencrypted APs
– Path Analysis shows the switch/router path to any connected device.
– Batch authorization workflow makes it easy to identify known vs. unknown devices, enabling “who’s on my network” auditing
– Automatically discover and instantly map your wired and Wi-Fi networks in Link-Live; speeds troubleshooting and keeps network documentation up-to-date. Exports to Visio
10G Line Rate Performance Test & Packet Capture
Verify network capacity, performance and QoS, and easily capture packets for detailed application analysis.
- Performance Test app simultaneously generates and measures up to eight streams of IP-based traffic through the Ethernet test port to load the network with up to full 10G line-rate traffic, testing for packet loss, delay, jitter, and end-to-end QoS.
- Load the network with up to full 10G line-rate traffic.
- Test for packet loss, delay, and jitter.
- Supports popular iPerf network throughput testing for Wi-Fi and Wired networks.
- Capture wired or wireless traffic to PCAP files for escalation evidence or analysis, with simple but powerful – filtering and slicing controls.
- LANBERT™ Media Qualification app generates and measures the transmission of line rate Ethernet frames over your network cabling infrastructure, qualifying its ability to support 1G/10G on fiber and 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G on copper links.
Link-Live™ collaboration, reporting, and analysis platform
With Link-Live, users can quickly and easily visualize location-based Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE measurements by creating powerful visualizations of the recorded data that allow centralized engineers to analyze test results from far-flung remote sites without travel.
Link-Live also acts as a repository for latest firmware for NetAlly Testers that are under AllyCare to download/update.
- Configure and push profiles to testing devices to ensure all test settings are uniform during network testing.
- Claim units into different organizations to track device usage and manage role permissions.
- Remotely update software for all your units using Link-Live.
- Project management feature in AirMapper automatically pushes pre-configured floor plans to tester units.
AllyCare Premium Support Services
AllyCare is a comprehensive support and maintenance service for NetAlly’s Network Tools that offer significant value over standard warranty. Membership of AllyCare can be purchased as either a 1-year membership or the value-added 3-year.
NOTE: Enhanced AirMapper site survey visualizations (Noise, SNR, Co-Channel Interference, Adjacent Channel Interference, AP Coverage, Max Tx/Rx Rates, Max Tx/Rx MCS, plus others) and filtering are only available to customers with AllyCare support on their EtherScope nXG. Click here for information about AllyCare Premium Support Services.