Cost-Effective, Line-Rate 10Gig Ethernet Testing
• Quickly test, verify, and troubleshoot 1Gig, Multi-Gig and 10Gig Ethernet (copper, fiber) including line-rate performance testing and packet capture
• Layer 1 – 7 AutoTest enables any technician to find network problems
• Monitor networks for intermittent issues, every minute for up to 24 hours
• AllyCare-Enables in-depth network discovery features and web remote control
Install, test, verify, and troubleshoot technology upgrades, Multi-Gig (NBASE-T) and 10G networks with advanced Android™-based troubleshooting apps and purpose-built test hardware
Serves as a peer to the EtherScope nXG for line-rate performance testing to verify network capacity, performance and QoS, as well as service provider SLAs between sites
Compatibility with standards-compliant SFPs enables test and validation of any wired media (copper or fiber) for a variety of use models
Line-rate capture up to 10Gbps ensures you never miss a packet
Validate up to 90W 802.3bt PSE with TruePower™ loaded Power over Ethernet (PoE) test
Introducing the new LinkRunner® 10G, the most cost-effective solution for 10M/100M, 1G, Multi-Gig, and 10Gig network testing. LinkRunner 10G simplifies testing and configuration of copper and fiber Ethernet networks, streamlining workflows by combining essential functions of installation and triage in a single, ruggedized unit.
This next-generation Android-based tester delivers complete network validation and troubleshooting, from the media (copper/fiber) to the application (layers 1 – 7), accelerating deployments, speeding problem identification, and improving the efficiency and effectiveness of network installers and operations teams.
LinkRunner 10G verifies copper media for Multi-Gig capability (1 / 2.5 / 5 / 10Gig), and provide root cause diagnosis when link speed downshifting occurs by measuring the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). Links out of spec are flagged with a warning.
With the expanding deployment of Multi-Gig switching (typically to feed greater bandwidth to Wi-Fi 6 access points), users are finding that their cable plant may not support the desired speed. Cable quality, length, installation workmanship, and noise in the environment all can contribute to “downshifting” to lower-than-expected speeds.
The LinkRunner 10G works as a test peer with the EtherScope nXG Network Performance Test (NPT) to stress critical network links, such as switch ports to servers/storage/Wi-Fi access points, uplinks or WAN links, with up to four simultaneous data streams at up to 10G line-rate. It verifies the link’s compliance to service level agreements (SLA) based on throughput, packet loss, QoS, delay and jitter.
This performance test can be run at up to full line-rate in order to measure the top-end bandwidth and quality of your network from end-to-end, or for particular network segments. It can also be utilized to bench-test switches for optimal configuration prior to rollout into production. For troubleshooting on a production network (where excessive test traffic could be detrimental), many users will configure the NPT feature with a low stream of traffic (even just 128Kbps) in order to characterize network quality, identify possible packet loss, delay and jitter, and validate QoS.
The LinkRunner 10G has two Ethernet ports. The main test RJ-45 port supports Multi-Gig networks from 10/100/1000Mbps to 2.5/5/10G to verify link speed, SNR, and duplex advertised and connected. It can request and verify PoE power under load from up to 90W PSE’s. Alternatively, it can interface to fiber networks via single/multi-mode SFP+ to test 1/10Gbps fiber-based Ethernet. The second RJ-45 management port connects to 10/100/1000Mbps Ethernet for remote control, and conducts network scanning and tests where needed. It is also the port for cable testing.
In addition to fiber optic transceivers (SX, LX, SR, LR, ZX, singlemode, multimode, etc.) the SFP+ slot can be utilized with a variety of standards-based interfaces, such as TwinAx or other Direct Attach Copper (DAC) cables, and vendor-specific transceivers.
Instantly see who & what is on the network and where they are connected, by switch, slot, and port number. Switch Management See interfaces, utilization, errors, discards, duplex, spanning tree (RSTP), recent reboots using SNMP monitoring
– Device Discovery – Discover all devices then search the inventory using powerful filters and sorts. Add name/authorization to any device.
– Topology/Path Analysis – Shows the L2 switch/L3 router path to any connected device
– Cloud-Based Remote Control (via Link-Live)
Activation of Discovery feature requires AllyCare Support.
AllyCare is a comprehensive support and maintenance service for NetAlly’s Network Tools that offer significant value over standard warranty. Membership of AllyCare can be purchased as either a 1-year membership or the value-added 3-year.
Additional AllyCare-Enabled Features:
– Discovery – Instantly see what is on the network and where it is connected, by switch, slot, and port number. Quickly investigate and locate “suspect” devices and identify problems associated with device misconfigurations:
– Switch Management: interfaces, utilization, errors, discards, HDX, RTSP, recent reboots using SNMP monitoring
– Device Discovery: discover all devices then search the inventory using powerful filters and sorts.
Add name/authorization to any device
– Topology Analysis: path analysis shows the L2 switch/L3 router path to any connected device
– Cloud-Based Remote Control – A simple and secure remote-control feature allows you to manage and control distributed
• Complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service stores test result and site data upload for automated reporting and documentation
• Simplifies report generation across media types for network deployment documentation
• Reduces results management overhead for multiple testers and users
• Enables seamless collaboration between site personnel and remote experts
• Attach photos, user comments to each result, adding context for future changes and troubleshooting
• For asset management, ability to associate serial numbers of installed devices, and/or cable/walljack label to specific test results
|LR10G-100||LinkRunner 10G Advanced Ethernet Tester Includes: (1) LR10G mainframe with Li-ION battery, G3-PWRADAPTER, SFP+MR-10G850, Inline RJ-45 coupler, WireView wire mapper #1, Quick Start Guide, and small softcase.|
|LR10G-100-KIT||LinkRunner 10G Professional Kit Includes: (1) LR10G mainframe with Li-ION battery, G3-PWRADAPTER, G3-HOLSTER, SF-P+MR-10G850, SFP+MR-10G1310, Cat 6 RJ-45 inline coupler, WireView wire mappers #1-#6, IntelliToneTM 200 Probe, Quick Start Guide, and medium softcase.|
|LR10G-100-1YS||1 year AllyCare Support for LR10G (Use for either LR10G-100 or LR10G-100-KIT)|
|LR10G-100-3YS||3-year AllyCare Support for LR10G (Use for either LR10G-100 or LR10G-100-KIT)|
|EXG-LR10G-KIT||Etherscope nXG 10G Performance Kit
Includes: (1) EtherScope nXG (EXG-200-KIT) and (1) LinkRunner 10G (LR10G-100)
Use LR10G-100-1YS and EXG-200-1YS for 1 year of AllyCare support
Use LR10G-100-3YS and EXG-200-3YS for 3 years of AllyCare support
|G3-PWRADAPTER||AC Charger replacement/spare for EXG-200 mainframe with country power cords|
|G3-HOLSTER||Holster for LR10G mainframe|
|SFP+MR-10G850||SFP+ Optical Transceiver Module, SX/SR, 1G/10G, 850nm, Multimode|
|SFP+MR-10G1310||SFP+ Optical Transceiver Module, LX/LR, 1G/10G, 1310nm, Singlemode|
|US-WIFI-BT-USB||Edimax n150 Wi-Fi & Bluetooth USB Adapter for US and Canada|
|EU-WIFI-BT-USB||Edimax n150 Wi-Fi & Bluetooth USB Adapter for Europe|
|Dimensions||4.05 in x 7.67 in x 2.16 in (10.3 cm x 19.5 cm x 5.5 cm)|
|Weight||1.68 lbs. (0.77 kg)|
|Battery||Rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack (7.2 V, 6.4 A, 46 Wh)|
|Battery life||Typical operating life is 3-4 hours; Typical charge time is 3 hours|
|Display||5.0-inch color LCD with capacitive touchscreen (720 x 1280 pixels)|
|Host Interfaces||RJ-45 and SFP Analysis ports
RJ-45 Cable Test and Management Port
USB Type-A Port and USB Type-C On-the-Go Port
|SD Card Port||Supports Micro SD card storage – up to 64GB supported|
|Memory||Approximately 8 GB available for storing test results and user applications, 1 GB packet capture buffer|
|Charging||USB Type-C 45-W adapter: 100-240 Vac, 50-60 Hz; DC Output Power 15 V (3 A)
RJ-45: 802.3at PoE (25W) or higher
|Media Access||Copper: 10M/100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G
Fiber SFP Adapters: 1G/10GBASE-X
|Supported IEEE Standards||Wired: 802.3/ab/ae/an/bz/i/u/z
PoE: 802.3af/at/bt, Class 0-8 and UPOE
|Cable Test||Pair lengths, opens, shorts, split-pairs, crossed, straight through, and WireView ID|
LinkRunner® 10G Product Flyer
AllyCare Product Flyer
LinkRunner® Capability Comparison
LinkRunner 10G Product Data Sheet
LinkRunner 10G Quick Start Guide
LinkRunner 10G User Manual
Quick Guide to Topology Mapping
NetAlly Compliance Guide - English
NetAlly Compliance Guide - Multilingual