With the expanding deployment of Multi-Gig switching (typically to feed greater bandwidth to WiFi 6 access points), users are finding that their cable plant may not support the desired speed. Cable quality, length, installation workmanship, and noise in the environment all can contribute to “downshifting” to lower-than-expected speeds.
LinkRunner 10G verifies copper media for Multi-Gig capability (1G/2.5G/5G/10Gig) and provides root-cause diagnosis when link speed downshifting occurs by measuring the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR). Links out of spec are flagged with a warning.
LANBERT™ Media Qualification app
The LANBERT Media Qualification app generates and measures the transmission of line rate Ethernet frames over your network cabling infrastructure, in order to determine the maximum error-free bandwidth, possibly preventing costly and unnecessary cabling upgrades.
Two LinkRunner 10G units (or one unit paired with an EtherScope nXG) and the Network Performance Test (NPT) app can be used to stress critical network links, such as switch ports to servers/storage/WiFi access points, uplinks or WAN links, with up to eight simultaneous data streams at up to 10G line-rate. It verifies the link’s compliance to service level agreements (SLA) based on throughput, packet loss, QoS, delay and jitter.
Network Performance Test (NPT) app
This performance test can be run at up to full line-rate in order to measure the top-end bandwidth and quality of your network from end-to-end, or for particular network segments. It can also be utilized to bench-test switches for optimal configuration prior to rollout into production. For troubleshooting on a production network (where excessive test traffic could be detrimental), many users will configure the NPT app with a low stream of traffic (even just 64Kbps) in order to characterize network quality, identify possible packet loss, delay and jitter, and validate QoS.
LANBERT™ Media Qualification app
LANBERT™ Media Qualification app generates and measures the transmission of line rate Ethernet frames over your network cabling infrastructure, qualifying its ability to support 1G/10G on fiber and 100M/1G/2.5G/5G/10G on copper links.
On the cable tester – Instantly see who & what is on the network and where they are connected, by switch, slot, and port number.
• Switch Management – See interfaces, utilization, errors, discards, duplex, spanning tree (RSTP), recent reboots using SNMP monitoring.
• Device Discovery – Discover all devices then search the inventory using powerful filters and sorts. Add name/authorization to any device.*
• Topology/Path Analysis – Shows the L2 switch/L3 router path to any connected device.
Topology Mapping in Link-Live
Automatically discover your network and use that information to instantly generate topology maps in Link-Live*.
* NOTE: Active AllyCare Premium Support required for discovery and mapping functions. For more information about this product’s AllyCare enabled features please click here. At the end of your existing contract, you must renew your AllyCare Support contract to continue utilizing the features described.
- The Link-Live collaboration, reporting, and analysis platform stores test results and site data uploaded for automated reporting and documentation.
- Simplifies report generation across media types for network deployment documentation.
- Reduces results management overhead for multiple testers and users.
- Enables seamless collaboration between site personnel and remote experts.
- Attach photos, user comments to each result, adding context for future changes and troubleshooting.
- For asset management, ability to associate serial numbers of installed devices, and/or cable/wall jack label to specific test results.