The AirCheck G3 Pro provides AutoTest profiles with best practice pass/fail thresholds for quick assessment of Wi-Fi network configurations and services.
- Multiple Profiles
Can be created for complex Wi-Fi networks with multiple SSIDs, each with its own set of services tests. Profiles can then be organized into named profile groups that allow one button validations across multiple SSIDs, bands and authentications. With profile groups, engineers can effectively transfer their network configuration and test knowledge to technicians, saving training time and effort.
- Air Quality Test
Is it the network? Find out fast with the Air Quality Test. A quick scan of the channels in your wireless network measures channel utilization and interference (co-channel and adjacent channel), allowing you to instantly identify Wi-Fi network performance problems.
- Periodic AutoTest
In this mode, AutoTest can run multiple test profiles at specified intervals and sends the results to Link-Live to analyze the results over time. This is an effective way to “monitor” connectivity of your Wi-Fi network for an extended period and diagnose intermittent issues without having to manually execute multiple tests.
Wi-Fi 6E Analysis, Roaming, & Automated Problem Detection
Native Wi-Fi 6 and 6GHz Support
With the introduction of Wi-Fi 6/6E, how WLAN validation and troubleshooting is done has changed – necessitating new technology to test and validate these networks.
- Validate actual Wi-Fi 6/6E network performance and utilization using a native 802.11ax radio
- Gain visibility into wireless security threats on the 2.4GHz, 5GHz, and 6GHz bands
- Enables packet captures of Wi-Fi 6 control, management, and data frames in all 3 bands
- Diagnose new Wi-Fi 6E mechanisms of Reduced Neighbor Reports, Preferred Scanning Channels, and multi-BSSID
- Authenticate using the latest security standard of WPA3 and Enhanced Open
In the Wi-Fi link test graphs anytime the AirCheck G3 Pro roams and connects to a new AP, a green vertical line will be shown in the graph. Seeing the correlation between various factors and roam events can help diagnose roaming issues. Paired with the Connect Log, engineers can determine the exact step in the process that may be causing the failure.
Automated Problem Detection
AirCheck G3 automatically diagnoses various conditions on wireless networks and identifies specific problems which can be sorted by severity or time detected. Drill in to see a detailed description of the problem and recommended course of action to mitigate.
NOTE: Users of AirMagnet® WiFi Analyzer (now obsolete) will find the combination of Wi-Fi 6E support, roaming analysis, and automated problem detection in a handheld instrument with in-depth Wi-Fi analytics an ideal replacement.
AirMapper™ Site Survey
With the AirMapper app, AirCheck G3 Pro users can quickly and easily gather location-based Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE measurements and create visual heat maps of key performance metrics in the Link-Live collaboration, reporting, and analysis platform or AirMagnet Survey PRO. Simple to use, the AirMapper app is ideal for quick site surveys of new deployments, change validation, and performance verification.
- Faster and easier Wi-Fi and Bluetooth/BLE site surveys with an entirely mobile platform
- Perform enterprise-grade surveys without the need of a dongle or tethered device with a hardware-based platform for accurate and complete data collection
- Simultaneous passive and active surveys to gather critical site metrics, validate client experience, and roaming with one survey
- Automatically identify common Wi-Fi network problems using InSites™ intelligence analysis in Link-Live
- Collaborate—easily visualize and share survey data through Link-Live or AirMagnet Survey PRO
- Export Wi-Fi survey data to AirMagnet Survey PRO to predictively model Wi-Fi network changes or design a new network for optimal coverage, connectivity, and performance
NOTE: Basic AirMapper heatmaps and reporting are available to all AirCheck G3 Pro owners. With AllyCare support, you get access to more powerful visualizations and filtering, detailed report generation, and automatic problem identification via InSites™ intelligence analysis in Link-Live.
Bluetooth/BLE site surveys – the first in the market! In a response to the growing market need to perform located-based surveying and heatmapping of Bluetooth beacons, NetAlly was the first to introduce a Bluetooth/BLE site survey solution. This functionality allows AirCheck G3 Pro users to perform a passive Bluetooth or BLE site survey using the AirMapper app and internal radio, thus providing full visibility into Bluetooth network coverage and performance through Link-Live. It will also allow users to perform both Wi-Fi (active and passive) and Bluetooth surveys on the same walkthrough, making it quick and easy to validate Wi-Fi network performance while at the same time validating indoor location services or IoT deployments, as well as possible 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi interference caused by BT co-existence in the same band.
The NetAlly AirMapper Site Survey app on AirCheck G3 collects data from the three main beacon types: Eddystone UID, Eddystone URL, and iBeacon. Measured RSSI data from all observed beacons is displayed in a visual heatmap in Link-Live. An accompanying data table contains all location-specific details such as beacon type, RSSI, Tx power, class name, services, beacon ID numbers, and more. This data can be easily and quickly filtered, sorted, and included in reports similar to Wi-Fi surveys.
Network Discovery, Path Analysis, & Security Audits
Instantly see what is on the network and where it is connected. Quickly investigate and locate “suspect” devices and identify problems associated with device misconfigurations.
• Discovers network devices across multiple VLANs and Wi-Fi SSIDs
• Discovery Difference analysis in Link-Live exposes possible security risks in the network infrastructure by showing changes in connected devices
• Powerful filter and sort function with automatic problem detection identifies issues such as:
- Duplicate IPs, congested switch ports, and oversubscribed Wi-Fi channels/SSIDs
- Security threats, such as unknown client switches, switches, access points with open authentication
• Path Analysis shows the switch/router path to any connected device
• Batch authorization workflow makes it easy to identify known vs. unknown devices, enabling “who’s on my network” auditing.
Wi-Fi Performance Tests, Packet Captures, & Spectrum Analysis
Wi-Fi Performance Test and Packet Capture
Diagnose Wi-Fi performance, and easily capture packets for detailed application analysis.
- Simultaneously generate and measure IP-based traffic using two Wi-Fi radios
- Supports popular iPerf network throughput testing for Wi-Fi networks
- Capture wireless traffic to PCAP files for escalation evidence or analysis, with simple but powerful filtering and slicing controls
Spectrum Analysis and Interference
Using the optional NXT-1000 Mobile Spectrum Analyzer, AirCheck G3 Pro offers a view of RF interference in the 2.4 and 5GHz bands and its impact on the wireless network’s overall performance. Users of AirMagnet® Spectrum XT (now obsolete) will find the combination of spectrum visibility in a handheld instrument with in-depth Wi-Fi analytics an ideal replacement.
Link-Live™ Simplified Collaboration, Project Management, & Automated Reporting
Collaborate with staff across your organization with centralized visibility of distributed tests, speeding resolution of remote site issues.
• Link-Live collaboration, reporting, and analysis platform (cloud-based or private/on-premise) stores test result and site data upload for automated reporting and documentation
• Simplifies report generation for network deployment documentation
• Attach screenshots and user comments to each result, adding context for future changes and troubleshooting
• Available API enables seamless data integration between Link-Live and trouble-ticket or network management systems
AllyCare Premium Support Services
AllyCare is a comprehensive support and maintenance service for NetAlly’s Network Tools that offer significant value over standard warranty. Membership of AllyCare can be purchased as either a 1-year membership or the value-added 3-year.
Inclusion of AllyCare Support
All new AirCheck G3 Pro mainframes are sold with the first year (1 year) of AllyCare support included. Additional year(s) of support may be added. Product registration and activation is required within 30 days of first power-on.
The following features and capabilities of this product are enabled by having an active AllyCare Support services contract:
- AirMapper Site Survey - Basic AirMapper heatmaps and reporting are available to all AirCheck G3 Pro owners. With AllyCare support, you get access to more powerful visualizations and filtering, detailed report generation, and automatic problem identification via InSites™ intelligence analysis in Link-Live.
At the end of your existing contract, you must renew your AllyCare Support contract to continue utilizing the AllyCare-enabled features described above.