Discover Nearest Switch and VLAN
The LinkRunner G2 uses the IEEE Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP), plus the Cisco and Extreme Discovery Protocols (CDP and EDP) to display the VLAN and nearest switch model, slot, and port.
The LinkRunner G2 displays critical nearest switch information include:
– Switch name and model
– Switch chassis, slot, and port #
– Switch IP Address
– VLAN’s supported
– Duplex and speed (actual and advertised)
– Signal strength
– Connection (MDI or MDI/X)
– PoE voltage and power (actual and test limit)
TruePower PoE Loaded Test
LinkRunner G2 is the first field tester able to validate loaded PoE performance by drawing actual power up to 802.3bt 90W across all four pairs. Load the circuit to stress switches, cabling, and patch panels, all while measuring the voltage and pairs being used. Using the TruePower test to validate the power delivery before installing IoT connected devices ensures a smooth deployment and helps to alleviate finger-pointing.
The LinkRunner G2 packet reflector mode can be used as a remote device during end-to-end network path performance tests to validate LAN and WAN throughput capabilities up to 1Gbps.
LinkRunner G2 supports packet reflection for:
– OptiView® XG Network Analysis Tablet
– OneTouch™ AT Network Assistant
VLAN Monitor & Packet Capture
The LinkRunner G2 can monitor and show traffic distribution of the top 9 VLANs and capture 2GB of packets at line-rate.
Automated Test Results Management
- Complimentary Link-Live Cloud Service stores test results and site data upload for automated reporting and documentation.
- Simplifies report generation across media types for network deployment documentation.
- Reduces results management overhead for multiple testers and users.
- Enables seamless collaboration between site personnel and remote experts.
- Attach photos, user comments to each result, adding context for future changes and troubleshooting.
- For asset management, ability to associate serial numbers of installed devices, and/or cable/wall jack label to specific test results.
LinkRunner G2 vs. LinkRunner AT
While the LinkRunner G2 and LinkRunner AT are both network testers that help IT and System Integrators verify and troubleshoot Ethernet access networks, the LinkRunner G2 is a new class of Network Tester, with an Android-based operating system and a smartphone-like user interface.
The LinkRunner G2 includes test features that provide visibility, versatility, and value beyond the LinkRunner AT.
Click here for the full product comparison.